Problem with importing MP

Jul 22, 2014 at 10:27 AM
Hi,

we use OpsMgr 2012 SP1. When trying to import your MP, we get errors because dependent MPs are missing.

These are missing:

Microsoft.SystemCenter.DataWarehouse.Library Version 7.1.10226.0
Microsoft.SystemCenter.Libraray Version 7.0.8433.0
System.Health.Library Version 7.0.8433.0
System.NetworkManagement.Monitoring Version 7.1.10226.0
System.Performance.Library Version 7.0.8443.0

You wrote that you support SCOM 2012 SP1 or higher.

Any ideas ?

TIA and regards, Ralf
Jul 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Edited Jul 31, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Hi,
the same situation in our environment.

Unfortunately I got the same errors.

We are runing SCOM 2012 SP1.

Is the MP maybe only compatible with SCOM 2012 R2?

Best regards,
Christian
Coordinator
Aug 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM
Hi,
Sorry about that. I thought it was compatible with SP1 but unfortunately we were referencing the MP versions in R2.
Sep 16, 2014 at 12:52 PM
Hi,

I have not tested it, but it may be worth a try:
  • unseal the MP with MPViewer
  • reduce the version numbers of the referenced Management packs in the <References> section of the XML (e.g. to 6.1.7221.0)
  • save the file
  • Import the result into SCOM
Regards
Alex
Jul 2, 2015 at 6:14 PM
Hi,

I've used MP author/MP Viewer to extract the MP, however, the MPB part extract result includes a DLL file, which I am not able to convert it back to MPB after modifying the XML contents.

I'd like to thank for anybody who can compile a 2012 Sp1 compatible version of this MP
Jul 14, 2015 at 8:26 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2015 at 9:05 AM
I've used the following method to make it 2012 SP1 compatible.
  1. Prepare New-SCSMManagementPackBundle cmdlet, this is a SCSM cmdlet. I have my own SCSM infrastructure so that I can leverage it.
  2. Download MPAuthor, a quick way to get a SNK file and sealing modified MP
  3. Unpack QND SNMP Library, output will be an XML and a DLL file using MPViewer
  4. Unpack Kemp MP using MP Viewer
  5. Modify the referenced MP version number accordingly (you will get the version numbers from the error during import)
  6. Seal the QND SNMP library MP using MP Author
  7. Use New-SCSMManagementPackBundle to seal the QND SNMP Library MPB
  8. Modify KEMP MP reference QND SNMP Library Public Key Token, from e5fcf8e8afa3370a to 6a2ac1bf7a9994e9 (this is the public key token of MPauthor.SNK)
  9. Seal the KEMP MP using MPauthor
  10. At SCOM import all MPs (QND.DataItemEncoder.Library MPB, QND SNMP Library MPB, KEMP MP)
  11. Enjoy!
If you dare to, download these files here which are sealed by me using MPAuthor snk
Link

Disclaimer
The contents of this post are provided “AS IS”. This information could contain technical inaccuracies, typographical errors and out-of-date information. This document may be updated or changed without notice at any time. Use of the information is therefore at your own risk. In no event shall me be liable for special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from or related to the use of this document.