Support for older LM devices: Only 1 OID must be added to the XML code

Sep 16, 2014 at 12:44 PM
Hi,

first of all thanks a lot for this elaborate Management Pack. This must have been quite a lot of work and I really appreciate it!

One Suggestion: As old Kemp devices such as 6.0-144 have a different OID (and thus are not discovered) it would be great if you simply add a second Expression containing the old OID to the ConditionDetection section of a future MP version.
The OID of the old Kemps is .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.250.10

For example:
<Expression>
<Or>
    <Expression>
      <SimpleExpression>
        <ValueExpression>
          <Value>$Target/Property[Type="Network!System.NetworkManagement.Node"]/SystemObjectID$</Value>
        </ValueExpression>
        <Operator>Equal</Operator>
        <ValueExpression>
          <Value Type="String">.1.3.6.1.4.1.12196.250.10</Value>
        </ValueExpression>
      </SimpleExpression>
    </Expression>
    <Expression>
      <SimpleExpression>
        <ValueExpression>
          <Value>$Target/Property[Type="Network!System.NetworkManagement.Node"]/SystemObjectID$</Value>
        </ValueExpression>
        <Operator>Equal</Operator>
        <ValueExpression>
          <Value Type="String">.1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.250.10</Value>
        </ValueExpression>
      </SimpleExpression>
    </Expression>
</Or>
</Expression>

I unsealed your MP with MPviewer (hope that is ok), added the second condition as described above, increased the Version number, saved the MP. Then I deleted the original MP from SCOM, imported the changed unsealed MP - and after a few minutes, also the old Kemps were discovered completely :)

Regards,
Alex
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2014 at 9:03 PM
Hi Alex,
It is good for finding workaround as we do not plan to include older versions. We cannot test with older versions. Even with current versions is hard as there are some bugs the kemp snmp.